Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Crochet Felted Bag and Flowers

It's been a long time, I haven't posted since June 1st!
There's so much going on lately and I miss my blogging friends, I haven't even been visiting your blogs for what seems like ages!

I have had a crocheting bug lately.
This is the first time I've felted yarn, I felt wool fabric all the time for my rug hooking but have never attempted this until now.
It's addicting! It was so much fun to crochet this bag/purse and flowers and go through the felting process.


I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
I've been focusing on finishing some of my unfinished crochet projects this summer.
I know I'll be making at least one more of these, I'd love to do another one in bright colors and maybe a little smaller.


It's been wet and buggy this year and
as a result of all that rain, a lot of mushrooms have been popping up.


My flowers are pretty pathetic this year along with the veggie garden, it's been a lot darker in our woods than normal summers although the weeds seem to be flourishing this year!


This weekend is there is a farm flea market.
I'm looking forward to finding some treasures...like I really need more stuff!!! 

Believe me, I haven't stopped shopping thrift stores and garage sales this summer! I need to get back to posting my junking finds because then I can go back to where and when I found my "treasured junk". Otherwise it's all lost! (in my poor cluttered brain! :) )

Thanks for stopping by!

I miss y'all
(yes, I've been watching Junk Gypsies...a lot!)

Linking to:




7 comments:

  1. I really love your felted bag, the roses look great :D I made some bags like that some time ago when I first learned to crochet, I really need to do some again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your felted handbag is gorgeous! I love the flowers decorating the front. I've never felted anything I've knit, but it's on my list of things to try. Enjoy the car show and flea market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is darling. I've never thought of felting my crochet pieces. Clever (and successful) idea. Congratulations on a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some mighty fine needle work! Adorable! My felt projects look like grammar school, LOL!
    Love the bag. Can't wait to see what you've been finding!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag! Those flowers and leaves are just darling. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, love, love your new purse...you did such a beautiful job with it! Thanks so much for stopping by, Faye! Life sounds busy and good for you...glad you are enjoying the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lovely bag you made, Faye!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!