Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Vintage Kitten Shelf

I don't know why but I just had to have this little shelf!
I was shopping with my girlfriend a few weeks ago and I spotted this shelf but I did not buy it.
I was trying to be frugal.


Of course when I got back home I started to regret passing it by.
After talking on the phone with my friend and saying how I was sorry I didn't buy it and the little antique shop was way on the other end of town...(can you detect a little whining here)...

My dear sweet friend just happened to be nearby the shop one day and went in and picked it up for me!
(She said someone had it in their hand when she walked over to it...how dare they!!! luckily they put it down, I can just see her grab it quick!)


I thought by now I would have found the "purr-fect" place to hang it, I haven't but I couldn't wait any longer to post a picture of it!
It appears to be hand made and hand painted, and all aged and crackled just right!

Thanks for stopping!

Linking to;
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

10 comments:

  1. Your kitty shelf is adorable! I know you will love it everytime you see it. How sweet that your friend picked it up for you.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet !!!...love Ria...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sweet little faces~ I don't think I could have passed that one up either~ you would have forever regretted it.... Glad it was still there
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know why you had to have that shelf, it's adorable!! What a sweet friend you have! ♥♥♥ Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no wonder you couldn't stop thinking about the shelf, Faye! It's just too sweet to pass up!
    Glad you finally got to have it.
    Enjoy.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet. I can see why you had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Faye...I'm sure you'll find the perfect place for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faye that shelf is too cute! Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kitten shelf is so cute. Your friend was so thoughtful to get it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!