Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Semi" Vintage Crochet Hangers

I've become hooked on crocheting clothes hangers. I use both vintage and new crochet thread but I use old wooden clothes hangers and then embellish with bits and bobs.....vintage mop buttons and rhinestone jewelry pieces.
The hangers were photographed on my friend Stephanie's beautiful hand embroidered dish towel. (Link to her Etsy shop) I tried all sorts of backgrounds and this worked the best.

A close up of the bits and bobs...

I also crochet the little flowers using fine size 30 thread. My plan is to make a lot more and fill my closet with these hangers.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to

Faded Charm for White Wednesday.

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

Elements Interiors for Whassup Wednesday

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday


10 comments:

  1. They are adorable...I love the pink one with the rhinestone...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out so pretty. Not a bad past time and I love the little extras on each one!
    I have used old thread and only found it to be less stable. The bunch I got broke and was just not in good shape at all.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage hangers and these are so lovely. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful!!!! I sooo do NOT have the patience to crochet!!!! I appreciate all the work you put in to making these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok - these are easily the sweetest clothes hangers I have ever seen. If you're not selling these - you should be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! These are so vintage sweet!!! So charming! You are very talented.
    Visiting from WW
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love your hangers!

    Last Monday I did a tutorial on a pink party favor which you might enjoy.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the crochet flowers!! beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I wouldn't want to cover them up with clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to Pink Saturday, Faye. I am so glad you joined us, and I hope you will continue. Faye is my mother's name, too.

    The hangers are gorgeous. Great job! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!