Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Saturday, December 11, 2010

Vintage Glass Christmas Balls

I've started collecting the the old mercury glass Christmas ball ornaments. I like the 1" size and smaller and in all colors, the more aged the better.
I find old glass or silver dishes and place them around the living room. They look so pretty and colorful. I'll mix certain colors together that I like or all of one color but different shades and sizes. Maybe a little old tinsel garland or glass beaded garland.
I've gathered most of them all together and set them on an old children's table set in the sun to photograph.







I like to leave some of them in their original boxes...

I can't seem to get enough of them!!

I'm linking to Beyond the Garden Gate
and Tete's 2nd Hand Collections.
Be sure to drop by and join in the fun!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the party! Your glass ball collection is amazing! So pretty in bowls, too! Love the glass garland strands!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love them too! I put them in my pottery bowls and flowerpots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection- they're wonderful-love them in the boxes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess I have the same addiction! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your vintage ornaments! The tinsel adds a perfect touch, too! I love how you have arranged everything, simple yet oh so elegant!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an affinity for the Vintage Ornaments as well, they not only evoke memories of Childhood Holidays, but the magical way they reflect light can't be beat... the more aged they become, the more lovely. Your collection of them is beautiful and I like the idea of displaying them as you have... like candy for the eyes!

    Christmas Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is so funny that we all collect and like the same thing at the same time in our life. I just love the old glass ornaments and have boxes of them just setting under my ballerina tree downstairs.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!