Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Monday, July 19, 2010

Crochet Clothes Hangers and Flowers

Well, I see them on blogs and just love them! I've had no luck finding them to buy. I have one old grubby old one that I think my Grandmother may have made. I decided if she could crochet with crochet thread then why can't I! So I looked it over and figured out the pattern, got out a size 7 hook and went for it. It is so easy to do!

Then there are the pretty crochet flowers that I thought were impossible....well I was wrong again. This time I used size 8 perle cotton and a size 10 hook and found out they were easy. I improvised the pattern a little because it stopped at the 3rd row of petals and I wanted 4 rows. I've started a pink hanger and have ordered a bunch of pretty colors of perle cotton to make piles of flowers....I'm hooked. You can click on the image for a closer view.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!