Welcome to my blog about things I love to collect, refinishing furniture and decorating using flea market finds (with a few crochet projects now and then).Thanks so much for visiting!




Saturday, July 10, 2010

China, Tatting and Lace

An old Martha Washinton sewing table that I found in an antique shop makes a nice place to display some of my favorite pieces. One of my Grandmothers doilies is the base for all of this.


Love this Bone China Bouquet of Flowers. I found this in a junk shop in Arizona and I mean a 'JUNK' shop. I couldn't believe my eyes. The price was cheap, not a chip or scratch anywhere. I was flying home and wondered how this would survive.


I carefully wrapped it up in tissue and then a lot of bubble wrap. It fit into my carry on bag which I hung onto with dear life for fear the flight attendant would see it and insist on stuffing it into the overhead. It would have never made it they way she was pushing things in that compartment. It made it home without a ding.



Mother Of Pearl buttons from one of my most favorite shops on Etsy Exuberant Housewifery fill a pretty little Nippon dish.


Beautiful fine tatting from Exuberant Housewifery and a dainty little frame handpainted with roses.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!